View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Well, a literary fiction I read recently was The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet. It was amazing. It is about a Dutch clerk with the East India company in 1799 Japan (when the story opens). He meets a Japanese midwife with a scarred face. It isn't a romance in the genre sense at all, though. It is one of the best things I have read in recent years
I read it recently too and thought it was excellent. I'm not one for "love stories" but the love story aspect of this was one of the most poignant things I've read for a long time.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote