View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #74
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle

This is an awesome tool, thanks very much for this. AFAIK, the previous GUI tools only ran on windows, and my collections were simply not important enough to me to fire up my vm on my Mac

I was able to get my series into collections successfully (I commented it out below 'cos I'm trying to work on the samples), but I have had no luck with my custom columns. Like others have mentioned, I have way too many tags to create collections based that way, so I'm trying to create custom columns for the tags I care about. For example, I have a tag for "sample", so I created a text based custom column, that I set to "sample", if a book had that tag. My tweaks are copied & pasted below. If I comment out all but the "sample" column, I get an error that no collections were created.

I'm sure I'm missing something stupid, but I'm not seeing it.

Code:
################################################
# Create Kindle Collections Plugin tweaks
#
# Calibre column names to include in collections, text to prepend for sorting, and 
# minimum number of books needed for a column before creating a collection
create_kindle_collections_usecolumns = {
#    "tags": [ "- ", 1 ],
#    "series": [ "_ ", 1 ],
   "sample": [ "~ ", 1 ],
#    "authors": [ "~ ", 1 ]
}
# Collection names or patterns to ignore (e.g. [ "ignorethis", ".*Ignore.*" ]
create_kindle_collections_ignore = [ ]
####################################################
Thanks for any help you can offer.