View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #64
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
I had the same issue. I guess the header is corrupt or in a format the code can't understand. I just ran a convert Mobi to Mobi on the file in Calibre and resent it to the device and the plugin no longer gives me a warning and it shows up in a collection.

I assume you got a Warning dialog stating that the Mobi format was corrupt when running the plugin?
Yes, I got the warning. I was so excited I forgot to mention that. Another user mentioned some Baen books that got left out on theirs. I'm willing to bet the books that get left out have the same problem that you suspect - .prc mobi files with bad headers. Maybe add something to the first post about doing prc>mobi conversions on any "problem" files that pop up.

I know I'm repeating myself here, but your plugin is amazing. Nearly every solution prior to this had problems, usually with Amazon-embedded ASINS. Yours does not have this issue.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would to wrangle the Active Content and dictionaries after restarting the Kindle. If you can find a way to work with them, great, but if not, it's not as much of a problem as I expected it to be.

Looks like many of the problems users are running into so far are syntax issues in the tweaks, which is common. I did so myself the second test run, but I spotted the problem immediately. It's so easy to leave out a comma, or miss a period in a pattern entry. The thing is, how often do most people change the way they set up their collections? I'm not a good example, because I tend to tweak my organizational systems till they scream; most people probably find a system they like and stick with it. Once they get it working properly, they're done for a while. While I was initially in favor of a GUI, I now prefer the flexibility of the tweak method instead, because I've started to fully appreciate the ability to use user-created columns and the "ignore" options. It allows a rather extensive configuration to be created that would be hard to easily capture in a GUI interface. I didn't really "get it" until I started playing with it.

Just a thought - Since some people would probably prefer a GUI, perhaps two versions? A "tweak" version for power users and a GUI version with basic options for those who prefer it - the common "author, tag, series" options with minimums, perhaps.