View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:21 PM   #325
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Notepad++ shows (many) 'Macintosh CR' used between columns (fields).
Not sure where you are seeing this. I only see "CR" at the end of the line. There is a "Macintosh CR" in the status bar, but that is indicating the line-ends used in the file.
Quote:
Tab or comma are commonly used delimiters. The fact I could SEE columns in the fake CSV, means they are used as variable padding between fields. a true CSV looks like "","","",, when there is no data
The file is using tabs for the delimiters. And one of the reasons to do this is to avoid needing to enclose the data in quotes if one of the other delimiters it used in the data.
Quote:
Also AFAIK Series Index should be a separate column (you might be able to use your spreadsheet functions to split these apart, also eliminating the [])
Much to my surprise, what @Inukami has done for the series works. It doesn't display correctly in the dialogs, but, when the books are created or updated, the series name and index are correct.

Last edited by davidfor; 02-13-2018 at 11:24 PM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote