View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 10:50 AM   #910
bsnick
Zealot
bsnick began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M96+, T68+, Max2, YP2, HiSense A2 Pro
As I recall M96C has its own files because of the touchscreen. I don't think the M96/M96+ ones will work.

There were two types of updates:
-update.zip, which as I recall are flashed from within the rom and just update files here and there
-mfgtool firmwares, which overwrite previous installations (or at least the system partition). These are flashed from windows with the cable plugged in.

For the mfgtool firmwares you have your computer turned on, cable plugged in, double-click the exe file (unzip the file first, of course). With your device turned off you hold down some key combination (pgdown + power?) for a few seconds. The light turns on and changes to something like blinking purple). This is a sort of download mode, and at this point if you plug the usb cord in the mfgtool should see the device, although as I recall it doesn't give you the best indication that it's seeing it (no sounds, flashing lights, more like 'drive z:' shows, or something. Windows 8 - 10 might need to started in non-signed driver mode if you have troubles.

I've used the 2015 KitKat on 3 devices without problems, but I seem to have been one of the fortunate few. Maybe the fact I don't use the Onyx apps was why, or maybe it's because I don't make regular use of them.
bsnick is offline   Reply With Quote