View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 07:06 PM   #9
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
Well I've spent a fair bit of time looking at the fonts in FontForge and the their decomilation with ttx and I must admit that I'm in way over my head and I'm far outside my area of competence.

The font in question is LinBiolinum_RB. My first attempt was to copy the small cap glyphs from 0xE091 to replace the lowercase glyphs at 0x0061. This worked in that when I embedded the font, it would appear correctly, or at least it did after I removed the lower case ligatures that looked really funny with the surrounding small caps. When I subsetted the fonts, characters (and glyphs) went missing.

I then exported all the glyphs as svg images and created a new font by importing just the basic alphanumeric characters and punctuation. Again they display correctly and again when I subset them, characters are lost.

To check, I used a set of fonts that included small caps (Charis in this case) and everything was fine when I subsetted them. So there is something wrong with what or how I doing this. This is an area that I know nothing about. Any pointers to more information (other that the FontForge documentation, it is good but doesn't tell me the things I need to know) would be appreciated.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote