View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediax View Post
As a totally new user, I'm not yet in any position to comment on the relative priorities of features, but Search & Replace and Spellcheck are two features I would imagine get used in virtually every editing (as opposed to format conversion) exercise.
I would certainly agree. Search&Replace is for instance being worked on right now.

Spellchecking is a new feature. It's absolutely necessary, as you've noticed. But Sigil has some things broken, and bug fixes are almost always more important than new features.

The redesign is there to fix performance problems and problems with per-flow CSS. The RTF import is important, but not as important as what will come with it: importing functions will now be loadable plugins with a (hopefully) consistent interface. Other people will then be able to write their own plugins. Designing new importers will also be easier, so future work on importing Mobi, LIT etc will benefit from this.

But we will see. If spellchecking turns out to be the next killer feature everyone wants (after S&R), then it could even come before the RTF import and general importing rewrite.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote