View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:03 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
It's a B009. The motherboard came with the last firmware already installed. Like I said, all I did was add the wireless module, which works. The SIM card was installed in the motherboard (I did try changing it with others).

Now I can take the damn thing apart again, as one of the screws that hold the back on has a stripped head. Superglue the screwdriver to the screw -- the last resort, when the space is very confined -- no room for pliers or cutting a new grove in the screw head. I shouldn't complain -- it works fine, and, with the fake registration hack, I have all my options for reading. I just won't be able to read my NYTimes on it, which is no big deal as I have several Kindle Keyboards which work.
The most recent update does not change the version number.
Where it probably should show as 2.5.8.1, it remains at 2.5.8
Browse the Amazon firmware listings for your model until you find the 'caup ....' - something like that, it will have 'ca' at the start.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote