View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 03:21 AM   #51
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
I just downloaded a library book. WMA format. I double checked and my Clip+ is in MSC mode, which is what they are saying is going to be the only mode that the new Sport will be. The library book downloaded and transferred with no issues to my Clip+. And it played.
Now according to the email they are saying that the Sport has to be in MTP mode for WMA DRM format, right? So what am I missing here? How did my Clip+ work with a library book in MSC mode? Are library books different from music subscription services?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawasteele View Post
I've had some Overdrive WMA DRM books with MSC and I don't know why. I don't know if they all do or not. I know that books from OneClick Digital need to have my Zip in MTP mode.
I played around with this and downloaded three audiobooks. Two from OverDrive (MP3 & WMA) and one from OneClick Digital. I placed my Clip Zip in MSC mode and went from there.

Both OverDrive audiobooks (MP3 & WMA) transferred successfully in MSC mode; and did so quite rapidly. Don't know what to make of this.

As to the OneClick audiobook, it refused to transfer in MSC mode. I had to change the mode to MTP in order to transfer it. On top of that, it forever to do so. This was my first experience with OneClick. Unless they have a book I can't get from OverDrive, then I have no intention of using it again. The transfer speed is way too slow - well over 15 minutes for a title that would've been a bit over two minutes with OverDrive.

Besides WMA OverDrive audiobooks, it looks like OneClick Digital audiobooks are also a no go on the Clip Sport. Do we know for sure that MP3 OverDrive audiobooks will work?

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-19-2014 at 11:28 AM. Reason: forgot a word - first
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote