View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #5
khahoon
Connoisseur
khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.khahoon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: generic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
We have a basic agreement on the pdf reader software available for Android. So why would you ask Kobo to put their resources into adding PDF reading capability when it is already available for Android (or iOS for that matter)?

As a matter of my curiousity, how many of those bad scans and ocrs that you have were either purchases or free downloads from the Kobo store? How many are of rather dubious provenance?

As for the Kobo library fragmentation? Kobo seems to be concentrating on epub2 and epub3 ebooks at this time. Since the Android and iOS apps don't have any cost associated with them, it's obvious that they are hoping to make money on purchases from their bookstore.

Regards,
David
DNSB,

I am not directly asking them to implement a pdf reader really. If you read my op you will see that I asked for a way to access to the pdf version of the book that has bad epub conversion. All they have to add is a direct link in the reader to the pdf version of the book so that one does not need to go though hoops to relocate the pdf. Although naturally it would be amazing if the Kobo reader offers multiple formats when one clicks on a book that is offered with multiple formats (like, epub and pdfs as in the scanned books from google`s book project)

I mainly commented on the free books, not sure about purchases since I am pretty sure all are properly formatted. All the free epubs I have opened/added in the reader have bad formattings, bad type representations, mostly because I am mainly interested in accessing the old books. So epubs wont cut it as I see.
khahoon is offline   Reply With Quote