View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Let's say you are working on an ePub and you do have invalid code, but you have to leave the computer. You do want to save what you have at that time even if it contains invalid code.
No. I don't. I want to go back to the backup I made just before attempting a risky major change. And I don't let minor changes pile up unsaved. Change... verify success... save. If it's important, you learn not rely on features of a program to save your ass. You just don't leave it up to chance. Period.

Now having said that. If this "save my F'd-up code" feature can be accomplished without interfering with my workflow (i.e. not telling me my code was F'd-up and saving it anyway), then go for it. But I consider it a "feature" that I can't save F'd-up code. Anything that allows me even the opportunity to unwittingly save invalid code, I'd consider quite dangerous.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote