View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl View Post
I checked with Monotypeimaging.com and this is the reply that I received from them when I requested a license for theCalibri family.

"Since you are not selling the eBooks and you’re using fonts provided with Windows 7 you won’t need any additional licensing. However, in the future when you start changing for the eBooks you will need additional licensing. Please hang on to my information and feel free to contact me directly when this happens and we can work out the specifics."

All the best,
Amy

Amy Lombardi
Office# +1-212-389-6255 ext. 102
email: Amy.Lombard@monotypeimaging.com

Translating books is a hobby of mine and currently, I pass it on at no charge.
Ronaldl
All I can say is, Amy clearly does not understand how fonts get transmitted in ebooks. If the books are distributed--given to anyone--that's redistribution. And unless I read my licenses very, very incorrectly, whether it's for money or love, that requires licensing. I'm not trying to rain on your parade--well, hell, you have their permission, so...rock on. ;-)

(I suspect that someday, though, Amy will get in trouble for that one.)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote