View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #31
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cscat View Post
geekmaster: By data.tar.gz. are you referring to: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=84 ?
There is no runme.sh file in it? but I think as you said, if I can run a shell code and undo those logging changes, my Touch should come alive!
If ixtab's data.tar.gz jailbreak sees a RUNME.sh (case sensitive), it will call it. You can put your custom stuff in there. To modify root, you need a "mntroot rw" before any changes. I would not remove or change ANYTHING without making a backup copy of the file or folder first. An do not put extra stuff on the root partition or it may be too full to update the firmware. Move backup copies to /mnt/us where there is plenty of space. All startup scripts should be conditional on the existence of an ENABLE file (like ENABLE_MYSTUFF) on the USB Drive, and exit immediately if their ENABLE file is not found. This let's you disable them from the USB Drive during a short visibility during a reboot.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote