View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #228
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I'm on Win 10 Home 1903. When I first noticed the problem I probably had about 20+ tabs open and couldn't figure out why the context menu wasn't coming up. Because I had so many open I didn't initially realise I was actually deleting tabs.

When I retested I tried with just a few tabs open, 3-4. It didn't make any difference to my problem. I still haven't figured out if there's a magic tab area where I'll always trigger the menu. It's as if the right-click auto-triggers option 1 on the context menu.
I think I have it - if I press the right button for a very short length of time (i.e. a light momentary tap) it deletes the tab, if I hold the right button down for a bit I get the menu.

Right click context menu's normally 'pop' when the button is released - the one in question seems to be popping when a the button is held down.

Try press-and-hold the right button down in the message box here - you won't get the popup menu until you release the button. When I used to write windows stuff in 'C++' with the WTL libraries there was a separate event for mouse button down and mouse button up and maybe mouse button hold.

Middle click also deletes current tab.

I'll stick to hold Ctrl+W until there all gone.

BR