View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:28 PM   #12
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
I bought one iBook years ago when I got my first iPad. I was so thoroughly underwhelmed by iBooks and the iBook store that I never bought anything else therein. Why would I? The Amazon bookstore is a zillion times better. Personally I could care less about calibre and all other 3rd party apps for library management. I never needed to hire anyone to manage my print books, why the heck would I want or need that with digital books. I'm perfectly happy just using the Kindle app on my iPads/iPhone. Maybe I'm not anal retentive like some people, but I'm able to use the Amazon cloud to store and organize my library and find whatever I need. I would never attempt that with iBooks or the new Books app. Apple simply never got what a library or bookstore really are all about. I guess they don't read much in Cupertino. Then again, I never cared for their music environment either, nor their app store. None of their stores are particularly useful nor easy to navigate. They are all a PITA IMO. I have to use the app store, but I can go elsewhere for books and music, and that is exactly what I do.
Different strokes for different folks as they say. I've bought a lot of music on the iTunes store. I found it much more usable than Amazon's mp3 store. If you are in the Amazon infrastructure and prefer it, no real need to switch if you don't want to.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote