View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #27
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Hitch, thank you for the feedback. and it's worth waaaaay more than $.02.

Ya, I should have included some examples

------
Some paragraphs from my current Mark Twain project:

Quotation marks followed by ellipsis:
... Isabella is far too indulgent to me & even the Miss Crafords say that they wonder at her patience with me & it is indeed true for my temper is a bad one.”

Ellipsis followed by punctuation, ellipsis surrounded by spaces:
“I’ve forgot to say, but I’ve four lovers, the other one is Harry Watson, a very delightful boy... . James Keith hardly ever Spoke to me, he said Girl! make less noise... . Craky hall ... walked to that delightfull place with a delightful young man beloved by all his friends and espacialy by me his loveress but I must not talk any longer about him for Isa said it is not proper for to speak of gentalman but I will never forget him... .

Punctuation followed by ellipsis:
Dear Editors: I do it with pleasure, ... but I also do it with pain, because I am not in sympathy with this movement.

-------

Some of these might be because it is 1904 book -- it seems punctuation rules were different then.

The ellipsis following punctuation and the one surrounded by spaces are the weirdest to deal with, I think.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 12-28-2012 at 03:58 AM. Reason: typo
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote