View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
First, thank you for all the information you included in your post!

Unfortunately we can't do anything about the problem. There is no way for CC to tell the amazon native reader app to open the book at anywhere except the beginning. At least we can open the book, which is better than we can do for the Kindle for Android app where we can only launch the app.

Other reader apps like moon+ do the right thing when CC launches them, but that doesn't help much if you want to use the native amazon reader. However, since a lot of what you are reading isn't Amazon content, you could put an epub reader on your fire and avoid the problem.

There is a CC dialog box that opens when you "read" a book using the native amazon reader that tells you that the book will reset to the beginning and asks if that is OK. That dialog has a "don't ask again" checkbox that I assume you checked sometime in the past. You can uncheck it by going to CC settings and choosing "Clear default reader apps". (I think that dialog was in version 3.3.5, but I could be wrong.)

Also note that your CC is out of date. Version 3.4.4 was released in early September. See the change log for details about what has changed since V3.3.5. In particular look at V3.4.1, which contained a lot of new features.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote