View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #22
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Thanks. I was actually wondering more about how the discussions work--e.g., if they're a free-for-all or have a leader, what the rules are for spoilers. But if FAQ and guidelines are coming, I'll just wait.
This shows the advantage of a fresh pair of eyes, as I don't think we address these points!

Discussions are free-for-alls as they stand, but nothing precludes having a leader and indeed, one would be welcome if someone felt attached to a particular book.

Since we will be starting the discussion roughly a month after the selection, the assumption is that the entire book is open for comment, i.e. no spoiler policy relating to that book. However, and I'm speaking personally, I'm a total spoiler-phobe and perhaps we need to address this point for a book in a series. Nothing makes me crazier than saying to someone, "Don't spoil me!" and then they go on to tell me something that I think is a spoiler (I pretty much think everything's a spoiler. ) And yet, I'm willing to take people on faith if they say a book in a series is a standalone, even if it's not the first.

But please, let's not have that argument again!
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote