View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
People who have updated software, and now KUAL gives blank screen.

Hello all.

I am looking for a test subject.

If you have updated your kindle, and re-isntalled KUAL Booklet, but you are just getting a blank screen, I would like you to try this and report back.

put this jar file on the root of your USB drive.

make a file named 'RUNME.sh' on the root of your USB drive with this contents ( name needs that capitalization ) -- Make sure there are no windows newlines in the file either
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# mount system
mntroot rw 
# remove bad kualbooklet jar
rm "/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/KUALBooklet.jar" 
# install my test jar
cp "/mnt/us/KUALBooklet.jar"  "/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/KUALBooklet.jar"
mntroot ro

then search for ';log runme'

then restart your kindle, and then try to open KUAL Booklet.

( If you have usbnet installed, instead of restarting kindle, you can kill 'cvm' to reload java classes )
Attached Files
File Type: jar KUALBooklet.jar (64.4 KB, 1661 views)

Last edited by coplate; 02-12-2018 at 11:32 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote