View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 07:41 PM   #479
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainro View Post
hello I'm new on this forum.
I want to fetch the highlighted sentences from my kindle to calibre and when i click on fetch annotation in the plugin annotation i have this message :

someone can help me ?
The message does say everything. The plugin looked for annotations on the connected Kindle. Then, if it found any, it tried to find the books in your calibre library that matched the books on the Kindle. It wasn't able to do this.

There are a few reasons for this. The simplest is that the book on the Kindle with the annotations isn't in your calibre library. Another is that the title and author of the book on the Kindle doesn't match that in the calibre library. When the device is connected, calibre will show a green tick next to all books that are in the library and on the device. It does this using the author and title. If these don't match, then calibre won't show the tick. You can force a match using the device list and the function to match a book to the library (right click on the book). After that, the Annotations plugin should match the annotations to the book. There are some things that can affect this, so it is still not perfect.

If it is still not working, make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. There was bit of work done in this to improve the accuracy of the matches, and run calibre in debug mode, do the annotations fetch and post the debug log after closing calibre. I'll look at the log to see what is going wrong.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote