View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #474
Miss_Autodidact
Miss_Autodidact began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2
Hi there. Can you please tell me if this plugin will ever be capable of syncing DRM-free ePub annotations, between PCs and iPads?

I'm a mom with four (out of six) homeschooled children, and we have 1000's of school-related books which my children access on their (severely restricted) iPads.

I REFUSE to use Kindle because of it's total lack of parental controls. At the moment, any annotations (markups, highlighting, notes, bookmarks etc) using iBooks remain in iBooks only and don't sync via iCloud to a PC. I know that we can achieve the same thing (using MS Edge) and bidirectionally sync from their machines to our NAS, and OneDrive etc (tested and it works), but I can't find anything to bridge the gap in a cross-platform environment.

I think I've researched "the problem" (and tested different apps, sync facilities etc) as much as I can, and I'm wondering if I'm just "expecting too much". Or, is there a solution that I haven't found yet? I'm hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks, and I look forward to your reply.
Miss_Autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote