View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 12:48 AM   #14
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Which again shows Barnes and Noble has no interest in being anything but a local company, whereas Amazon wants to be an international operator.
To be fair... it wasn't THAT long ago that Amazon required US bank account and address. A year ago, I think it was still that way.

I don't really mind that companies do this to start off with... I mean, it's annoying as hell, but understandable - international payments OUT must get nastily complicated, and setting up as an ebook vendor must be complicated as it is.

Know what really irritates me about B&N? They organised to get ebooks distributed by Smashwords, with no geographic restrictions - and marked them all as 'US only'. Considering that they have some 'US and Canada only' ebooks, they seem to have something bodgy in their conversion/stocking routine, and that bothers me.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote