View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesleyO View Post
Wow, freezxer2k, I resemble that remark!!! I might be old enough to be your grandmother, but I was programming a C64 in the early 80s. So I had no problem with 2.5 when I got it over a month ago. As for "bugs," there weren't any noticeable ones, but I do think Amazon may have made a few improvements. Of course, we "old women" who were the beta testers won't know until we get the refreshed version....
Be sure to keep the email they send you saying they received your old Kindle. The reason I say this is because last year I had to return one of mine due to a broken "next page" button. I returned my old one and got an email notification so I filed it with all of my other Amazon receipts. Fast forward a year and I wake up one day to 369.00 missing from my account. Amazon sent me an email saying they were charging me for the device I never returned plus shipping. I was furious.
I then spent the next several hours being passed around and put on hold and then I finally spoke with someone who listened to me when I told him about the email they sent in regards to the returned Kindle. he said he cleared up the issue and that my money would be returned in 48 hours. I was ticked that it was going to take 48 hours but I was relieved I was getting my money back. Well 72 hours pass and I still do not have my money back. I get on the phone and deal with several more yahoos working at Amazon.
This was infuriating me, especially when one claimed that even though the transaction number of the recent email matched the transaction number of the old email the new email was wrong and that it referred to a Kindle I had returned in March. when I informed him that I did no such thing and he could easily tell that the SNs of the kindles I have now registered have been registered for over a year. He calmly said that I was mistaken and I had indeed returned a Kindle. I asked to be transfered to someone else. That person was easier to talk to but I nearly lost it when he said it would take two weeks to get my money back. He transfered me to someone else who said I would get my money back in 48 hours. I got it back in 24, but I am hoping I never have a problem with my Kindle because I will never return it and it will be the last one I buy.
I was going to get my father one for Father's day but I think I will go with getting him a Sony or a Nook instead. I am glad they were able to help you out and they were fantastic to me when I first had the problem a year ago. Heck they even had the replacement Kindle at my door the next day. But as you can see I am still a little bitter after this fiasco.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote