View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #68
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Can the Overdrive PI have an option to check for new titles added to a particular library based on date criteria? Or would that require a separate PI altogether? Being able to check for added titles would allow finding books/authors one might not be aware or following.
Finding all newly available books by all authors at a particular library is already covered by the "Added to site" date field in conjunction with the "Sort by: Added to site" in the existing advanced search on individual Overdrive library websites. I don’t find this very useful for the discovery of new authors since most of those books are of no interest to me.

I find out about authors I might be interested in reading by using other sites, such as Goodreads. I add an entry with an "unknown" title into calibre for those authors and use the plugin’s "Search Overdrive for books by selected authors" option to find out which books by those authors are available.

It doesn’t work by date, but it does report only newly added books since the last time that option was used. So repeating the search occasionally will turn up any newly added books by authors already in your calibre library.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote