View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #15333
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Finished Dark Currents, the second book in the Emperor's Edge series by Lindsay Buroker. Hmmmm - not as good as the first. The TV series feel continues with the 'episode' only loosely contributing to the series overall arc with quite a bit of "getting to know you" for the characters.

There were a few action scenes that felt a bit camp and a few crises that actually resolved "off screen" which was a bit disappointing.

The witty banter continued from the first and the sexual tension between main characters grew and that was all fun, but while as a TV series I would probably just keep watching just because of that, I'm not sure if I'll rush to read the third book in the series.

Next up is Persuasion by Jane Austen. January book club read and my first Austen, so we'll see how I go.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote