View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #102
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't believe anything related to the display of page numbers has changed in the 5.1 update, has it?
If anything there is more information now: if a book has NCX and page numbers, the GoTo section/chapter list will show the page numbers associated with each chapter/section.

But I think the problem bluerfoot is having with his O'Reilly Python book is that page numbers are not defined, even if you purchase from Amazon (since 'real page numbers' only exist for the latter and then only for some titles).

A workaround might be to use calibre to generate 'phony page numbers', but I'm not sure they have the KT issues all worked out yet.

Another is to use the PDF (if bought from O'Reilly), now that we have landscape. PDF has PDF bookmark navigation on KT, unlike previous Kindles. And Kindle even uses PDF page labels, unlike most other ereaders.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote