Thread: 1001 books?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 AM   #6
b0rsuk
meles meles
b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlysonofBathe View Post
I not going to debate the merits of the list with someone who clearly doesn't know what they're talking about and has no interest in the subject.
Ah, the classic Blizzard Forum argument. You are wrong because you "clearly don't know what you're talking about."

Quote:
While you may not have enjoyed Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, you can't speak for the majority of SF fans. And Neuromancer is the very reason why cyberpunk is a genre.
Aside from the fact that Cyberpunk has turned out to be a fad, because no one predicted the Internet in its form, your counter-argument boils down to "many people". We could use the same principle and replace researchers with a voting system.

As for Androids..., its only claim to fame is that a brilliant movie has been made, and based loosely on the book. The book itself is creative but not exceptional. There's a saying it's easier to make a great movie from an average book than a good movie from a great book. This book is a great example to support this claim. A inspired B, B is great, therefore A is great...

Quote:
So please back off with the insults and leave this thread for people interested.
Don't worry, you've made yourself clear enough that I wouldn't want to talk to you. I promise to stay away from this thread.

Last edited by b0rsuk; 03-21-2012 at 06:25 AM.