View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffLOL View Post
I am not done and have no reliable numbers. However, my current implementation takes 20 seconds to convert a 350 page book and write it to disk (before any optimization).
That's not bad.

My opinion is up to 30 seconds is acceptable. 1 minute is a bit much. 2 minutes is excessive. 5+ minutes is completely unacceptable.

At 20 seconds I'll give this is a serious look for use as a replacement for the current PDF input engine. Especially with this:

Quote:
As for quality, mine IS MUCH better
Quote:
I will upload the project somewhere, maybe next week or the week after that. When it comes to 'not coding matters', I am a lazy bastard.
I'm a big fan of Launchpad and Google Code.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote