View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #72
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
This is exactly why I worry not about what is legal, but what is moral.

Did I support the author by purchasing their book? Then I don't feel any real compunction about skipping a couple of steps in the digitizing process. Especially given the DRM'ing and price fixing of the current ebook market.

I especially don't have any moral qualms about skipping one step or so - like downloading some badly OCR'd PDF. Ohh, I saved myself the first step of the scan. Then I can proof it against the physical edition of the book myself.

I think what's important is that you did your part to support the author (And thus also the publisher, etc).