View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 01:58 AM   #12
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekuest View Post
why is it better to set up on my laptop first? it seems like it would be easier to just download all the APKs straight to my edge and then install them. i have a lot of researching still to do on this thing. havent had time because of work and my trip last week. should have some time this weekend finally. also, remembered another thing i wanted to know. does skype work? its not on amazon marketplace, but i do skype my gf on my laptop a lot, and it would be nice to be able to do it on my edge.

and thanks so much filark! i didnt know about the ES file explorer lan thing. connected right to it, and i can see all my drives. now just gotta see how fast it transfers and how many types of video file i can play. im kicking myself now cuz there was a class 10 micro sdhc card for $57 the other night on tigerdirect but i wasnt sure if i was going to be needing that much space. i wish i would have gotten it. ooh which reminds me, i noticed my 322mb "phone" memory is almost full, but i still have 2.4GB sd card memory free. how do i transfer files from my server directly to the internal sd card? also, is it a physical sd card that i can replace with a bigger one or is it soldered to the PE or something? sorry about all the questions! gonna sit down and read the manual now.
I can answer a few of these.
Skype does not work properly (you cannot chat using the webcam).
The 322mb phone space is the only space you get for application memory, therefore once it fills up you cannot install anymore apps unless you use the method in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
The internal memory is soldered to the motherboard, you cannot replace it.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote