View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Publishing was in decline long before ebooks came around, or even the internet. As if that analysis weren't dumb enough, the author goes on to say "Amazon killed browsing. You go on, you find the book you wanted, you pay, and you leave. So instead of buying five books, you buy just one."

Killed browsing? Has this guy ever used Amazon? That place hits my wallet more than going into any physical bookstore. I discover more titles there than I ever have on shelves. He even claims that publishers aren't putting out books people want to read. Huh? Trash has always been around, as have tons of good works. What, pray tell, sort of books does the author feel need to be published that aren't? He doesn't say, and doesn't know, because he pulled that claim out of his !@#.

Publishers may indeed be screwing up in many ways..but his points were fairly asinine from start to finish.

It was an amusing read, though.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 05-30-2011 at 02:36 AM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote