View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #8
Ekdog
Connoisseur
Ekdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with othersEkdog plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Simply use the USB connection to copy the book from your PC into the "documents" folder on the Kindle.
Believe me, Harry, I'm not being deliberately obtuse, but I don't know how to do this. Perhaps you (or another patient soul who happens to be reading this) can let me know where I'm going wrong.

First, with my Kindle 3 connected via USB to my PC, I click on the download tab on the Gutenberg page, then I choose the Kindle format. Firefox gives me the option of opening or saving the file. I choose the latter. A window pops up showing that the file has been downloaded. I click on the file icon in this window. Up pops Kindle for PC and the book is ready for reading, but from here I don't know how to copy the book into the documents folder.
Ekdog is offline   Reply With Quote