View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Well, I tried the book in several programs on my PC (Adobe Digital Editions, Firefox epub reader, Calibre Reader, and Nook for PC). It works fine, EXCEPT IN NOOK FOR PC, where it fails in exactly the same place as on the Nook Touch!

So, it seems to be the fault of the software that Barnes and Noble is using in both the Touch device and the Nook for PC program.

I examined the book in Sigil. The place where the error is occurring (page 144) is in the ...split_003.html file inside the epub, at around line 1992. This is at the very bottom of Chapter 17, right where Chapter 18 is about to start.

Trouble is, I see no problems there. The code looks identical to the way it looks at all other chapter breaks.

The other place - page 92 - is at the start of Chapter 12, which, somewhat interestingly, is the very FIRST chapter in the split_003.html file.

So, in other words, when you reach page 144 and page forward (from Chapter 17 to 18), it jumps back to the FIRST chapter in that split_003.html file, instead of continuing on to chapter 18 (which follows right after chapter 17 in the code). Very bizarre. The code looks fine to me. Maybe someone else can see something wrong.

It seems that it isn't the DEVICE that has the problem, but the software that B&N uses to display epubs on both the Touch and in the Nook for PC application. Pretty weird.

Last edited by RAH; 10-14-2012 at 08:23 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote