View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #42
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CazMar View Post
The one usage I would like is an ereader for music. If I want to practice something I can display it on a computer screen, but to take out on a job and play live it is very difficult. Would need to be A4 size and also run with a foot switch to turn pages. Also a way of going back to repeat marks and showing what is coming next unless there are a few bars rest at a page turn. I won't go into all the technical difficulties but it is not like reading a book!
I once saw a musician who was a one man four or five piece band. He used a computer to control all of the midi tracks to accompany him as lead guitar and vocal. His rig also displayed the sheet music for the particular piece he was doing and took care of all of the page turns and repeats.

And all of this in the eighties, before there were ereaders, or even Windows, or Linux.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote