View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 01:24 PM   #11
Drou
Enthusiast
Drou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th generation
A quick update: I downloaded the Libib app to see about scanning ISBNs. It worked fine although I can see if you're just using the app why you might think it's lacking in information at first glance. Although, selecting the book does show all the info and if you select to edit you do have all the same options as the website (tags, groups etc). I think if ever decide to catalogue my physical books I'd use the app to scan them and then the full website to edit/add information.

I also thought I'd try Librarything just because it seems to be such a favourite. I exported one of my libraries from Libib (no problems, worked well) but my first impressions for using it to catalogue my books was unfortunately correct. It felt a bit clunky, not as much as goodreads but not that much better. However, I did think the communities aspect of Librarything was very good and within a few minutes I'd found a few promising word of mouth recommendations to add to my tbr list. So, my conclusion from all this is that if you are looking for a site or app to replace all the 'functions' of goodreads, I'm not sure that you'll be able to find that all in one place, or at least not in one place that does it well. I am now using Storygraph for book suggestions, Libib for cataloguing and Librarything for the community. If I was at all interested in tracking my reading I'd give bookly a try.
Drou is offline   Reply With Quote