View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] CC can now be translated into other languages

You can now translate CC into your language. If you are interested in doing a new translation or improving an existing translation, please go to our translation collaboration site https://cctranslation.oneskyapp.com/collaboration, powered by the OneSky translation workbench. Create a OneSky account so you can use the workbench, or sign in using your Facebook or GitHub credentials.

Once signed in, choose the language that interests you. Next, translate phrases or make comments on phrases already translated. You can also enter alternate phrase translations for phrases already translated, in which case current translators will be notified and can vote for the one they prefer.

If your language is not available on the workbench, write a comment on this thread or send me a PM to ask me to add that language. If the language has country variants then please tell me which variant you are using. For example, if you want to do a translation for Portuguese, let me know if you are in Portugal or Brazil.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note On Complexity And Amount Of Work

Please note that CC is not a simple app to translate. As of July 2017 CC contains 796 distinct phrases, with 8,143 words. Even hitting the 10% floor for having a language included in CC requires a lot of work.

Administrative Details:

I will include a translation in CC once more than 10% of the phrases have been translated into that language. This is the same metric that calibre uses.

For testing: I will build an APK of the CC demo version containing all translations every Friday or Saturday when there has been translation activity that week. A link to download the latest APK is at the bottom of this message.

Finally, please tell me via private message or by email to cc_translations at charles dot haleys dot org how you want to be credited for your work. The choices: any of "anonymous", your MobileRead forum name, your real name (first, last, or complete name), a company name, or an email address will do. You can have your name be clickable, opening an email window addressed to you or opening your web site. If you want this, let me know in the message and give me the URL or target email address. If I don't hear from you then I will use "anonymous". See "Translation Credits" in CC's menu for examples.

Translation status as of 29/June/2017 (2 images):
Click image for larger version

Name:	trans_page1.PNG
Views:	435
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	157605 Click image for larger version

Name:	trans_page2.PNG
Views:	374
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	157606

Link to latest CC Demo version with all languages: (current production release). This build includes the translations that have not crossed the 10% threshold.

Last edited by chaley; 06-29-2017 at 11:44 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote