View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
There are two major reason why Amazon won't ship various items out of the country and we get the red warning statement when we click on a item.
1. Amazon has become a 'drop shipper.' It doesn't stock most items itself. Instead, it forwards our orders to the actual companies handling the goods and they are the ones that are 'supposed' to ship them out to us. Unfortunately, many of these smaller companies don't want to hassle with international sales.
2. Some of the goods are covered under international trade licensing agreements between parent companies and their subsidiaries. For example, SonyUSA isn't permitted to ship its goods to Japan. Anyone in Japan 'should' buy from SonyJapan. However, SonyCanada IS permitted to ship to Japan. So as Amazon stocks Sony readers through SonyUSA, Amazon can't ship them to Japan and we get the warning statement telling us this fact. B&H Vidio get's its Sony readers from SonyCanada so it IS allowed to ship them to Japan.

I had this same problem when dealing with Nikon years ago. I wanted some Nikon software but NikonJapan didn't sell the English language version and NikonUSA wasn't allowed to ship the English version to Japan! That's when I discovered B&H Video, and had my software in hand in five days.

These days, because I do so much international mail order, I maintain a forwarding service in the US just for this purpose. It costs a bit, and postage adds onto it, but it saves years of my life by eliminating the aggravation caused by this international shipping problem! Most of the MailBox Etc., Pack&Ship, UPS Store, type store are more than happy to act as forwarding agents for no extra charges.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote