View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinjb View Post
Hi,

I have recently purchased a Kobo (been a Kindle user since the original) and so far am loving it. However from reading in several places on the Net I have seen when converting ebooks to KOBO there are 2 formats reconmended EPUB & Kepub, can I asks which format is the prefered to use and if either has any benefits.

I am using Calibre and I have downloaded the Kepub Output Plugin as I was planning to use Kepub.

Thanks,
There's threads on here comparing ePub to kepub.

From memory:
ePub:
  • Uses Adobe page numbers, so page 27 always has the same text no matter what size font you use
  • Better layout and font rendering

Kepub:
  • One screen=one page. So if a chapter is 13 pages, tapping the screen 13 times will get you to the next chapter
  • Zoomable images
  • Pop-up footnotes

I prefer kepub myself. I disliked the ePub page numbers, where a 13 page chapter could require anywhere between 13-39 page turns.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote