View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #6
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkindlefun View Post
Thanks, I might have to bite the bullet but the price of shipping is giving me huge pause.

Can the bezel be bought and replaced?
I don't know, you'd have to talk to Amazon tech support; but if it is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) bezel, it would be subject to the same staining that the bezel you now have is subject to. Replacing them with some regularity could get pretty expensive.

In all likelihood, you had something on your fingers that stained the bezel. And there is no guarantee that you won't have that problem in the future. In my opinion the Decal Girl skin seems the most cost effective solution, long term.

This just occurred to me, you might ask tech support what cleaners are used when they refurbish the devices. I've never heard of a refurbed Kindle coming with other people's hand prints on a refurb.

If your OCD will allow it, hiding the problem does make the most sense economically and logically, I think. Good luck!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote