View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 07:24 PM   #37
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
Or maybe - and this seems likely to me - it was merely the action of Irene arriving and laying a hand on Clare that caused Clare to step back. Thus Irene can imagine herself to have been responsible, and so not allow herself to remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I think this (post before last) sounds right. Irene felt guilt about what happened, not because she pushed Clare, but because she didn't at least try to save her, with the added guilt of having wanted her out of the way. A kind of survivor guilt.
I think these scenarios make the most sense. Maybe she was part of the reason Clare fell but it was inadvertent, not a direct action, that caused her death. That matches the Irene that we were shown for the rest of the book.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote