View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 06:54 PM   #33
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
But Irene didn't want Jack to know the truth because he would have freed Clare from the marriage. I don't think there's any indication that Jack would have physically hurt or killed Clare--he didn't show any tendency to physical violence; he just blustered and spewed hate. I think Irene was perfectly justified in thinking that the result of Jack's knowing would have been to throw Clare out, nothing more. Certainly not to kill her.
I don't necessarily disagree (playing a bit of the devil's advocate here) but if he got an anonymous message saying "she's been playing with you, everyone else knows blah blah blah", I'm not convinced he would have remained verbal. Edit: Especially after the laughing in the introduction scene - if he had been informed of why Irene was laughing so hard it could have been bad. Of course, that may have removed some anonymity.

Mostly, I am saying I can see it both ways. She could have been impulsive and just done it not thought about it. But, it is a huge step from dropping a cup to pushing someone out a window. Especially murder in front of a crowd. If she hadn't died, I bet she would have had second thoughts about "if only I had pushed", but actually doing it?

Last edited by Dazrin; 02-15-2018 at 07:40 PM.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote