View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 07:03 AM   #15
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I've noticed that my N2A-carded Nook HD+ tends not to show the correct battery percentage amount and will stay on, say, 98 percent when it is actually 21 percent. I never leave it with the wireless on, but if I don't use it for a day or two, it'll need a full charge.

I should boot it over to the original Nook HD+ side and see how long the battery lasts that way, I suppose.
After speaking to Tech Support at Barnes & Noble, I recently did a complete reset on my Nook HD+ because my battery life was very erratic, as others in this thread have described. For me, it would do the following:

- Go from fully charged, to a charge warning (at about 5% of a charge) after a short time of use.

- After plugging it in and fully charging it, after removing the cord the charge would drop to around 50%. Removing the cord and plugging it back in would continue the charging process.

After resetting my Nook HD+, I avoided installing an app I had that monitored battery life (it was originally for my NookColor and there was no indication that it was incompatible with the Nook HD+) and other potentially battery-draining apps to see if that was part of the problem. Still, it didn't seem to solve the problem (it went from over 90% to a charge warning after about 15 minutes of use).

Due to this, I've returned to using my NookColor as my main ereader. It doesn't seem to have the battery issues that I had with my Nook HD+, dropping to about 85% after 2 days of moderate use without a charge.

Last edited by Solitaire1; 01-29-2015 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling correction.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote