Thread: Glo Kobo Night Mode
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #194
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Do you think it would be possible to have this activate only when reading a book, like keep the home screen, other apps and sleepcover non-inverted?
I don't think this is possible with the current night mode hack. It is somehow OT, but if you like you can do this.
Spoiler:
You can use .kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css to get something similar to the night mode. I use a file wob.css

Code:
html {
    color: white;
    background-color: black;
}
.KBHighlighting{
    color: black; 
    background-color: white;
}

.KBSearchResult {
    color: black; 
    background-color: white;
 }
With Kobo Launcher I start one of two scripts to activate or deactivate the white on black mode:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cp /mnt/onboard/wob.css /mnt/onboard/.kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css
Code:
#!/bin/sh
rm /mnt/onboard/.kobo/kepub/kepub-book.css
The text of kepub/epub.kepub books will be displayed white on black. Everything else remains as it was.
Note that this does not work for epub.

You can find Kobo launcher here, and information to kepub-book.css here.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote