View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
What I'm basically looking for is the ability to buy the reader, and slowly let the thing pay for itself with the cost difference between ebooks and the physical variety.
While you have gotten some good info on the formats and such I wanted to address the above quoted sentence.

This is probably not going to happen. At least today, for the most part eBooks sell for about the same price as a mass market paperback. While some back catalog stuff may sell for a bit less, it's not less than you could probably get the paperback used for.

Get a reader for the ability to have a portable device with many books on it. Get a reader because it is much lighter to hold than your average hard cover. Get a reader because you don't have a lot of room to store pbooks. But, I don't think you will realize your goal of saving money.

That said, and maybe some other UK people can talk to this... you "may" be able to save some money due to the $ to £ conversion rate and also I think Harry saying that books in the UK about about £8. So, if you buy an eBook for $6 you are saving a bit.

Anyway.... good luck with your choice... I am sure you will enjoy having a reader.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote