View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #174
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sohelmk View Post
Hi,
Can someone please help, i just tried running kvnc viewer, it gives following error.
04/08/2012 17:12:28 TLS support was not compiled in
As I understand how this stuff works at this time (having not worked on network security issues for awhile), your server is configured to require the more secure TLS protocol that prevents MITM ("Man-In-The-Middle") attacks in the internet traffic, and to not fallback to SSL if a client program does not support TLS.

This particular vnc client does not support TLS because the TLS build options were left out (perhaps to make it smaller or faster). You server is refusing to fallback to the less secure SSL, so the VNC client reports the TLS problem and quits.

The other vnc client apparently has TLS support compiled in, so it works.

If you really WANT to use a vnc client that does not support TLS, then you need to configure your vnc server to allow less-secure SSL connections.

In some cases, a software or hardware firewall could also be preventing SSL traffic.

At least, that is how I understand it at this time. Here is some info defining SSL/TLS/SSH protocols:
http://webhostingtop.org/blog/420-ssl-tsl-ssh

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-04-2012 at 05:51 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote