View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #172
jcg.
jcg. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
That is what AJAX programming is all about!

For the LAMP approach, try your had at some AJAX programming (part of the code runs on the web server and part of it on the web browser)...
Yeah, this is actually starting to look remotely possible... If you can't tell I'm not that experienced and writing heterogeneous C programs is waay above me. However, I've been mucking around with JS (currently reading Crockford's _JavaScript: The Good Parts_) and learning Clojure. It seems one could just write everything in Clojure, running the server side on JVM and compiling client code to minified JS using the Google tools. Could even take advantage of the R-Pi GPU (and any other OpenGL capable hardware that might be present) for things that need to happen fast by doing GPGPU with WebGL (it is just OpenGL ES 2.0). Basically, the architecture would be a whole lot of JVM servers clustered together with a JS client interface...

However, it won't likely be fast...

EDIT: Actually, you could flip that architecture around, and have one JVM server with a normal web page doing parasitic computing on the GPU via the browser of each client... TFLOP computer controlled by a Kindle. That computer would only be good for a few (very) embarrassingly parallel problems, but it would be powerful.

Last edited by jcg.; 07-20-2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Left something out
jcg. is offline   Reply With Quote