View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #171
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
In addition to a good selection of general purpose "cluster managers", there are also specialized applications.

As in: distcc
Which allows our little 300Mhz emulated ARMv6 build environment to call on the power of an entire array of "big boxes" to do the heavy lifting.

I am not currently using that feature, although I could, I have three cores sitting in their idle loop while a build is running in the emulated ARM environment.

And Twobob - who probably has a box with one of those Sparc chips with 8 cores and each of those cores being 8-way hyper-threaded (think: 64 cores) for his "studio" machine ...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote