View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
mjt57
Connoisseur
mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjt57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle app on iPad and iPhone
Removing text from an ebook

I am trying to convert a document to either MOBI or EPUB format (it doesn't matter which).

I tried to remove a string of text that appears at the bottom of each page in this PDF document. However, I'm not good at understanding the "regular expressions" that Calibre uses to perform this task.

Normally, I wouldn't bother with the text. When read as a PDF it's fine. But PDFs are difficult if not impossible to read easily on a Kindle. But because the way pages are sized/paginated, the "footer" often appears in the middle of the page, which can be distracting.

So, if someone can help me here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
mjt57 is offline   Reply With Quote