View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 PM   #15
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Amazon should have put in wifi as a backup for EVDO. Not everyone place in the USA is going to have EVDO. But if you can get wifi, then it doesn't matter.
Um. I think free wifi coverage is going to be considerably spottier than even Sprint's cell phone coverage. I have wifi at home because I installed it (but it's funneled through my dial-up modem--it's not fast), and I have wifi at a college library 4 miles from here because my husband works there so I got a username and password as a faculty spouse, and man, that's it, and I consider myself lucky to have that much.

There are some restaurants in Knoxville (45 minutes drive from me) that supposedly have free wifi but I haven't checked personally.

Whereas supposedly Sprint's EVDO network covers me out here. Haven't talked to any local Sprint cell phone owners about it yet, but according to the map, there should be coverage in my neighborhood.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote