View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #26
spino
spino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura aboutspino has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Indeed!!

There is a way to hard reset. I can't remember where I read it*, but it works the same as with the Kobo Touch, only instead of using the home button, use the light button. So:

- Slide the On/off slider for enough seconds to be sure the device is off
- Press and hold down the light button
- Slide the on/off slider once as if you were switching it on, whilst still holding the light button

That should give you disco white flashing led light and restoring screen. You can let the light button go.

*Found the source: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2252198. But, it's not 100% that it will actually work.
You saved my life!
I just called Kobo Assistance (i'm from Italy) and she said the same procedure, but she FORGOT to say to LEAVE the power switch, slider so the led it was never blimping! And take note that i asked "Do i need to leave the power switch, after?" and she said "No..."

Now it is back to life... and I'll wait for official updates , I will owe you a beer!
spino is offline   Reply With Quote